UUCLC Lending Library’s book of the month for March 2012 is “Our Seven Principles in Story and Verse” by Kenneth W. Collier.
Drawing upon themes from various cultures, Kenneth W. Collier has written creative responses to Unitarian Universalism’s seven principles:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Each principle is illustrated with a story, a poem and a brief essay. This book is suitable for all ages, for worship and individual reading.
UUCLC Lending Library