Four weeks prior
- The speaker and/or topic should be finalized and scheduled.
- Church on Loan service should be ordered if you are using one. Contact the Worship Chairperson for login information
Three weeks prior
- Contact the UUCLC Administrator with the name and brief bio of the person speaking and/or a brief synopsis of the topic. This allows time for both newspaper press releases and TV listings.
- Musicians should be checked for their availability and scheduled (if you are using them.)
Two weeks prior
- Musicians should be given (emailed) the specific music (hymn number).
- Speaker (if any) should be contacted to coordinate the topic with entire service.
- Volunteers (if any) for readings and other tasks should be finalized
One week prior
- Order of Service Coordinator should be given (emailed) items to be included in the order of service.
- The Set Up person should be contacted with any specific instructions for room set-up.
- Volunteer(s) (if any) should be given copies of the readings and contacted to answer any questions they may have about their role(s).
- Speaker (if any) should be contacted regarding directions and any last minute arrangements.
- Coordinator should arrive 30 minutes early to ensure materials to be used in the service are in place and greet the speaker and/or volunteer(s) and answer any last minute questions.
- Sermons/Speakers should strive to:
- Be responsible and caring to the audience
- Enrich, educate or enhance the community
- Be a part of a liturgy
- Be limited to 20 to 25 minutes
- Speak to both the known group and any potential visitors
About 15 minutes before the service.
Fill and start the coffee makers. Use decaf only. Put out cups, spoons, creamer and sugar. Inform Hospitality Coordinator if supplies are needed. After the service clean the coffee makers and return to their storage places.
Set out food/snacks, beverages, paper plates, napkins, paper cups, plasticware, as needed. Following the service and social hour, dispose of used plates and cups and wash dishes and silverware. Please find a substitute if you are unable to attend on the day you signed up for food duty.
Arrive 15 minutes before the service and be sure to wear your name tag. Check on availability of orders of service and blank name tags for newcomers. Greet members and newcomers at the door. Direct them to the name tags and ask newcomers to sign our guest book. Introduce newcomers to all nearby members and direct them to the coffee area and restrooms. Ask if they would like a brochure about UU. Please find a substitute if you are unable to attend on the day you signed up as a greeter.
Click here to download Annex Setup Instructions
Click here to download Main Room Setup Instructions
Click here to download Main Room Clean Up Instructions